For Alabama Senior Olympics (ASO), we use four triathlons that are being held around the state. An athlete that finishes any of the four triathlons will qualify for the 2021 NSGA. After all four races have been completed, times will be compared with other athletes that have registered with the ASO and the top three in each division will be awarded an ASO medal. Athletes may also qualify for the 2021 Nationals by completing any triathlon during 2020 and reporting their race directly to Nationals by filing a "Limited Event" form.
We are attempting to have a table at the different race locations for athletes to pick up their packet/bag. Athletes do not need these to participate in the race. The bags will contain athlete's t-shirt and items donated by sponsors. If there is no Alabama Senior Olympics registration table at the event, the athletes bag will be mailed to them. Each athlete will receive one bag.
Registration deadline is TBA. Triathlon athletes do not have to register with Alabama Senior Olympics before their race, just by the the TBA deadline.
May 2, 2020; Saturday
Buster Britton Memorial Sprint Triathlon
Oak Mountain State Park
200 Terrace Dr.
Pelham, AL 35124
May 24, 2020; Sunday
Goose Pond Island Sprint Triathlon
417 Ed Hembree Dr.
Scottsboro, AL 35769
May 30, 2020; Saturday
Fairhope Municipal Park
1 North Beach Rd
Fairhope, AL 36532
June 13, 2020; Saturday
Capital City of DreamsSprint Triathlon
Union Station Train Shed
210 Water Street, Montgomery, AL 36106
Swimming: 400M Freestyle (open water), Cycling: 20K, Road Race: 5K
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for each age division within each gender once all races have been completed and times are compared.
See "2021 Qualifications" tab for adjusted guidelines due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a triathlon event may qualify for triathlon by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Athletes who reside in a state that does offer the triathlon and does not participate in that state qualifier event can qualify by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
4. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest periods.
5. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals (400-Meter Swim, 20K Cycling, 5K Road Race).