Cycling Route Directions:
Begin at Macon East Montgomery Academy, Vaughn Road (Hwy 110) Cecil, AL. From there, a few hundred yards East of the school, go South on Co Rd 37 (Flowers Road) for approx. 3.6 miles, to Co Rd 40 (Lawson Road aka Brown Road). Go right on 40 (only way you can go). Take 40 approx. 3.5 miles until it's end, at Co Rd 101 (Old Pike Road). Turn right. Take 101 approx. 1.6 miles to Matthews Rd. Again, go right on Matthews (only way you can go) for approx. 3.6 miles, back to Flowers, Co Rd 37. At this point, you have made a loop. Turn right, and you will make the loop again, for the 40K or turn left and return North, toward John Hall Grocery, for the 20K.
Time Trials are nearby, also. 1/4 mile East of John Hall, on Hwy 110, turn left on Macon County Road (Co Rd 2). The start will be just around the right hand curve, near the small church on the right. The 5K will be 3.1 miles, out to the finish. The 10K will be same course, out and back.
5K & 10K Time Trials
20K & 40K Road Race
June 6 & 7, 2020
1. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
Late paper registration will be allowed. Cyclist may register the day of the event.
Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for each event within each age division.
NSGA Qualifying Regulations:
1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a 20K or 40K cycling road race may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Qualifying events must be conducted under the rules for the appropriate event to be used for qualifying. States may conduct a “combined” event, but competitors may not compete in both events when events are combined. Those wishing to collect awards in the 5K or 20K must stop after that portion of the event is complete.
4. Qualifying event must be a stand-alone road race that is not combined with another event (i.e., duathlon or triathlon).
Link to NSGA Rule Book: